You can use the following materials and resources for learning Kotlin:
- Basic syntax – get a quick overview of the Kotlin syntax.
- Idioms – learn how to write idiomatic Kotlin code for popular cases.
- Kotlin Koans – complete exercises to learn the Kotlin syntax. Each exercise is created as a failing unit test and your job is to make it pass.
- Kotlin by example – review a set of small and simple annotated examples for the Kotlin syntax.
- Kotlin Basics track – learn all the Kotlin essentials while creating working applications step by step on JetBrains Academy.
- Kotlin books – find books we’ve reviewed and recommend for learning Kotlin.
- Kotlin tips – look through short videos where members of the Kotlin team show how to use Kotlin in a more efficient and idiomatic way to have more fun when writing code.
- Advent of Code puzzles – learn idiomatic Kotlin and practice your language skills by completing short and fun tasks.
- Kotlin hands-on tutorials – complete long-form tutorials to fully grasp a technology. These tutorials guide you through a self-contained project related to a specific topic.
- Kotlin for Java Developers – course for developers with experience in Java. It shows the similarities between the two languages and focuses on what’s going to be different.
- Kotlin documentation in the PDF format – read the whole documentation offline.